Proper tree care is critical to protecting the aesthetic appeal, safety and value of your city’s beautiful green spaces. Trained in the art and science of tree management, an arborist performs a range of services, from planting and pruning to insect treatments, landscaping plans and removal permits for land development
projects. At the municipal level, arborists inspect, evaluate and maintain all trees on city property and enforce current arboricultural rules. Let us take a closer look at what city arborists do.
City or Municipal Arborist Services
All city trees are protected by local bylaws. Tree preservation and enforcement of proper arboreal practices are among the two most important responsibilities of arborists working with the municipal government. Most tasks they perform fall within these two categories and include:
- Enforcing local tree preservation regulations
- Reviewing arborist’s reports
- Evaluating tree removal permits
- Assessing and preparing landscaping plans
- Assisting with tree identification and diagnosis
- Preparing municipal tree care budgets
- Inspecting sites to ensure compliance with city regulations
- Calculating fees for tree-cutting permits and landscape plans
- Providing city planners with landscape design assistance for public improvement projects
- Making recommendations and decisions regarding landscape-related risk and design
- Responding to inquiries about trees on city property
ISA-certification distinguishes tree care professionals for their extensive knowledge and experience, an important requirement for municipal arborists. They may enlist the assistance of certified local tree specialists to carry out their work.
Customized Tree Services by Local ISA-Certified Arborists
If you have questions about whether a tree belongs to you or the city, need assistance with tree budget planning, tree removal or pest and disease control, we can help. Coastal Tree Care is certified by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). Our ISA-Certified professionals assist arborists in local municipalities with a variety of services including tree audits, disease management and storm restoration. You can depend on our accurate tree reports, expert tree care and cost-saving annual wellness plans to help your coastal landscape thrive.
We serve customers across the San Diego area, including those in La Jolla, Del Mar, Pacific Beach, Rancho Santa Fe and Coronado.
Call us at 619-847-4225 to book a consultation or contact us online. Learn more about our arborist tree services and find out what a city arborist does.