Soil Testing for Trees
Expert Soil Testing for Trees on San Diego Area Properties
Save Time and Money with Robust Tree Care Plans
Soil is a critical component of your living landscape. From its nutrient content and retention capabilities, to pH levels and pathogens present, soil characteristics impact the health of trees. At Coastal Tree Care, we offer soil testing for trees as an important step towards efficient selection, planting and maintenance, and consequently, better tree management.
Nurture Your Landscape Based on Soil Testing Results
Soil comes in many different types. In fact, soil quality can vary between adjoining properties, or even within different areas of your own property. The three main soil categories are:
- Clay soil: Drains slowly, is nutrient rich, looks and feels extremely hard when dry.
- Sandy soil: Drains quickly, has difficulty in retaining nutrients, appears light and gritty.
- Loamy soil: Drains well, retains nutrients and moisture, is ideal for most trees and plant groups.
Soil testing is a good starting point for any well-designed tree care plan. Making the right tree selection and planting in the right areas within your property will enable a thriving landscape. Knowing the soil quality will also help you address:
- Nutrient deficiencies: Avoid guesswork and general nutrient applications that try to correct problems which may not exist. A thorough soil analysis will help you select and apply only those fertilizers that make up for the identified nutrient deficiencies.
- pH level issues: Once you know the exact pH levels in your soil, it is easier to adjust the soil to support your tree’s health.
- Presence of organic matter: The root systems of plants and trees generally benefit from the presence of organic matter, unless they are native to poor or dry soils. Nutrient-rich, moisture retentive soils that are high in organic matter can cause such plants to grow too quickly with soft, unstable structure or to succumb to rot if their roots are subject to too much moisture. Soil analysis will help you avoid planting trees that are not likely to do well in a certain type of soil.
By knowing your soil well, you can add nutrients you may be lacking through fertilization or amend the soil quality through compost or other soil additives. You will notice a visible improvement in the overall growth and appearance of your landscape. You can also adjust irrigation systems and avoid wasting unnecessary time, money or resources on over-watering.
Soil Testing is Integral to Reliable Tree Care Planning
At Coastal Tree Care, we are a licensed, bonded and fully insured tree service company certified by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). Soil testing is the first step in our comprehensive landscape management plans. Our ISA-certified arborists use soil analysis in conjunction with their horticultural knowledge to develop efficient and affordable tree selection and care plans.
Property managers across Pacific Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, La Jolla, Del Mar, and Coronado, CA, depend on us for a wide range of tree management services.
Get soil testing for trees and top-notch landscaping services for your San Diego area property through Coastal Tree Care. Call us at 619-847-4225 or request a free estimate online.